Thursday, September 24, 2009

Motivation!

As I sat on the couch tonight with my wife watching a rerun of Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations (Japan episode), I realized how much culinary curiosity I have...how much excitement I have over cooking food, or trying new foods...then it dawned on me how lazy I have been with this blog! Marily and I haven't posted in FOR-EV-ER (yes reference from the old movie "The Sandlot").

Over the last week or so...I guess since we just found the Winter Park Farmer's Market (although we have lived in Central Florida all our lives and I'm sure it has been there just as long or longer), I've gotten a little spark...a little buzz again about food and cooking.

Thinking about the Anthony Bourdain episode, I was like I'd try chicken sashimi...I'd eat Kentucky Fried Monk fish (of course I'd eat anything Iron Chef Morimoto cooked me!), I'd try...dare I say it...Cod Sperm...OK, maybe I wouldn't admit it...but hell, we eat fish eggs aka caviar...same difference.

This week we enjoyed fennel for the first time in a chicken milanese recipe and it was delicious. It was that night that Marily and I decided...let's pick a new ingredient each week to cook with. So here we go! Look forward to more posts and pictures...and our comments on how well it went.

See ya later!

-Chris

No response to “Motivation!”

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails