Thursday, December 11, 2008

Learning how to cook

So I'll admit I'm not the best cook and well not until August when I left my job was I able to follow a recipe. Seriously my recipe following skills were/are embarrassing.

I know how to make simple things...seasoning meat, putting it in a skillet and making some rice...that's about it.

Well last night I seasoned some meat, cut up some onions and cooked it in the skillet and made yellow rice. For lunch Chris wanted left overs so I took out the uncooked seasoned meat and started to cut some more onions...well I wasn't paying attention and my finger was in the way of the knife and well the knife stopped with it felt resistance INSIDE my finger! Lets just say I screamed like a baby! The blood....the horror!

I now have decided to make homemade chili. Yes, I know, it requires a lot of chopping but I need to not be scared and jump back on that horse. :) I'm reading the recipe and it looks easy...hehe....easy for a normal person! I'll let you know how it turns out.

Now I do think I deserve some kudos....last night's dinner was pretty good. I took fajita meat, seasoned it like a typical Puerto Rican....Adobo, garlic and olive oil. Cooked it in the skillet with some onions and chopped garlic and a little bit of vinegar (yes i know weird but so yummy) I made yellow rice (which I had never done before) I use the rice cooker so took regular rice added some sazon, adobo, sofrito and a little tomato sauce. It turned out pretty good for my first time. I also made some peanut butter cookies with a Hershey's kiss in the middle just for my husband (he's been asking for them for WEEKS) Yes, they were from the bag I just had to add water and egg and stir. hehe.

Off to make friends with the chopping knife...I'll let you know how it turns out.

No response to “Learning how to cook”

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails